Pre-kids I used to love shopping for myself, I could spend all day traipsing around the shops choosing out nice clothes and different outfits. These days things have changed and with four children nothing gives me greater pleasure than buying them lovely clothes and beautiful dresses, even if my own clothes are picked up at the supermarket!
So when David Charles offered to send my girls a dress of their choice from the Spring/Summer collection, the girls were straight on the computer, “oohing” and “ahhing” over each dress before finally, after an agonising decision, making their choice.
For those who haven’t heard of David Charles, he is an iconic British designer who creates luxury dresses from two years to teens, supplying the finest stores from around the world with his collection. From party dresses to bridesmaid gowns, David Charles has dressed Hollywood stars and even Royalty, which gives you some idea of just how impressive these dresses are.
When the dresses arrived I was so impressed with how well packaged they were, wrapped in soft tissue paper and accompanied by protective dress hangers to keep them looking pristine when not being worn.
Eva chose the most beautiful Ivory and Pink tea dress which was even more beautiful than we had expected it to be. Exclusive to David Charles, the dress is inspired by Victorian rose gardens with a doily lace texture, giving it a real vintage feel.
With a scallop hem and short cap sleeves, it is stunningly beautiful and from the moment Eva put it on I could see that she felt like a real life Princess.
The dress has a concealed zip at the back so as not to distract from the a-line silhouette, and it fits beautifully. Eva is wearing aged 7 and although it’s the perfect fit, I think it will last as she grows too.
The main thing about this dress for me is that it is age appropriate, something I really encourage with my girls even when they sometimes ask to wear clothes that their friends may be wearing. I could see just how special Eva felt in the dress just from the fact that she was so reluctant to take it off that night and later, as I tucked her into bed, she asked me could she wear the dress again the next day. I think we all have that one dress which makes us feel a million dollars and this one is most definitely hers!
Megan’s choice was a little different to Eva’s, although funnily enough they both went for florals, with this beautiful Ivory Flower Garden Swing dress. Made from a luxe ivory satin fabric with a netted underskirt, it feels gorgeous to touch and looks amazing on!
Megan was particularly excited by the back of this dress which features a half zip fastening and a criss-cross cutout back. I think she felt really grown up wearing it although the design is such that it is still very much suited to a little girl, something I really love.
I won’t lie to you, these dresses are expensive with Megan’s retailing at £225 – far more than I would ever spend on my children’s clothes. That said, for a special occasion such as a wedding, when we all push the boat out a little more, they really are the most gorgeous dresses and now, knowing just how lovely they fit and how perfectly designed they are, I can see why they are so popular.
David Charles is offering one lucky reader the chance to win one of his amazing dresses simply by entering via the link below. The winner will be chosen at random and notified via email at close of giveaway on 31st March. Terms and conditions can be found below. Good luck!
** We were sent these dresses for the purpose of our review. All words and opinions are my own. **
Terms and Conditions
- You must be 18 or over to enter this competition
- Giveaway is open internationally – prize can be shipped worldwide
- Prize consists of 1 x dress of the winner’s choice from the spring/Summer 2019 collection
- Competition closes at 11.59pm on 31st March 2019
- Winner will be chosen at random and announced on 1st April 2019
- Winner will also be notified directly via email within 24 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 5 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner
- Prize will be shipped to the winner by David Charles London via courier service or Royal Mail Air Parcel Post Service. Where possible a courier tracking number will be provided once the prize has been dispatched
- Prize will be dispatched within 2-3 business days of receiving confirmation of the winner’s dress choice and shipping details
- Prize cannot be redeemed for cash