We would all like to have some extra cash in the bank each month, right? The trouble is that this is a lot easier said than done. In fact, it feels like life is simply getting more and more expensive all of the time. However, there are some changes that you can make so that you can start saving some extra money today. So, let’s take a look…
- Call up your utility providers – It is a good idea to call up all of your utility providers. You should also call the company that provides your Internet service and television. Tell them that you are unhappy with your monthly bills and that you cannot afford them anymore. Once they get a sniff that you are thinking about leaving they will provide you with a better offer.
- Use voucher codes – Nowadays, you can get discounts on virtually every product that is available for sale. If you head to websites like NetVoucherCodes.co.uk, you will be able to view voucher codes for all of the most popular stores. It is a good idea to bookmark websites like this so that you can do a quick search online before you make any purchases.
- Start writing shopping lists – Before you head to the supermarket, make sure you write out a shopping list. If you don’t, you are going to end up spending way more money than you need to. You will end up purchasing items that are on deals simply because they are on deals. Plus, you will probably end up with a random selection of food, which means that after a couple of days you will be struggling to decide what to make for dinner.
- Switch to eco-friendly sources – Another way you can save money is by making some eco-friendly changes around the home, which will reduce your energy usage and consequently the amount of money you pay on your bills. There are lots of changes you can make. Head to HelloMagazine.com for some suggestions. If you want to start small, you can opt for the likes of changing to LED bulbs.
- Look for extra income sources – Last but not least, as well as cutting back, you can also look for ways to earn more. There are lots of different ways you can add a bit of extra money to your bank balance each month. Have you thought about renting out your driveway, for example? Other options include freelancing and matched betting. With regards to the former, if you have skills that can be put to use over the Internet, you can easily do a few jobs in the evenings or on weekends.
So there you have it: five changes that you can make today so that you have more money in your bank account. If you follow the suggestions that have been presented above, you should be able to save a good chunk of money every month. Plus, the good news is that it only requires a little bit of effort to make the changes that have been suggested.
** This is a collaborative post **