Winter time is a fun time for families! After all, one can take advantage of those snowy areas and take the whole family on a skiing holiday. Even if you do not know how to ski, well, worry not. There are specialist tour operators who can plan that perfect family trip to the mountains and introduce you to skiing. Teaching your kids how to ski need not be a struggle as the professionals can help your kids warm up to the slopes.
If you are wondering where to go for that perfect ski break with your family, well, here are some excellent Christmas family skiing holiday ideas –
Aspen Snowmass in Colorado – Explore those long miles of whopping snow and the longest run on Snowmass. Aspen Snowmass boasts of having the best terrain park and pipe facilities. If you are good in skiing, you can participate in those competitions during the ski season.
- Les Contamines in France – Another excellent spot for outdoor activities on snow is Les Contamines. Here you enjoy all-inclusive ski trips and get the best value out of your money. The friendly, quiet resort located in Mont Blanc enjoys heavy snowfall and lies next to other popular sites like Chamonix and Megève. Whether you are a beginner or an expert skier, you will love the slopes and the picturesque town.
- Rauris in Austria – You will simply love the experience of holidaying in the Austrian resort of Rauris. This is a great option for the first-timers who attend to avoid the busier resorts. Located between the Zell am See and Gastein Valley, the slopes are fun with banked turns, waves, and kickers.
- Heavenly Mountain Resort in California– This mountain resort in California is indeed heavenly. Take advantage of those great views as well as the crisp, powdery snow that is perfect for skiing. What are you waiting for? Take your family out for its best ski trip ever and come back with some great fun-filled memories.
- Méribel–Mottaret in France– Another amazing holiday plan is to head for Méribel–Mottaret in France. The spot is simply ideal for children aged up to 17 years and the best part is that one can come here at any time of the year. The resort is located by the pistes in Meribel-Mottare and boasts of the outdoor jacuzzi and barbecue lunch terrace.
- Stöten in Sweden – Enjoy the peace and quiet of this great ski resort in Sweden. One of the most annoying parts of skiing in the Alps is the crowds and the higher prices. But not in Stöten as it is beyond the radar of skiers and snowboarders. Thus, you can enjoy some great skiing even at peak times, and the terrain is just ideal for both beginners and pro.
- Okemo Mountain Resort in Vermont – Vermont enjoy more than 200 inches of snowfall every winter. It means you can enjoy skiing across the vast 632 acres of this winter wonderland! The resort works harder to ensure that it is able to accommodate all kind of skiers, kids to adults and even those on a budget. Here, you get the opportunity to get used to skis and the snow.
- Ardent in France – Another great spot for skiing with your family is Ardent. Here, parents can look forward to some great options for small children. There is even a childcare facility available at those low-key French resorts. Enjoy great skiing along with awesome views, excellent food, and a hot tub.
- La Thuile in Italy – La Thuile in Italy is known for its quiet slopes and excellent conditions for skiing. Do not get anxious about those long queuing during peak times as a speedy lift system can take you around the mountain efficiently. Along with skiing, you get to enjoy lovely views of the Matterhorn and Mont Blanc. It is an excellent spot for beginners and intermediate skiers who want to hone their skiing skills further.
- Park City Mountain Resort in Utah– If you have been looking for that perfect family ski vacation, you are sure to find it here at Park City Mountain Resort in Utah. The best part is that your child can get personalized attention because of the limited size of the skiing classes. There are classes for children aged three years old. While the kids learn at the ski school, parents can explore the snowy peaks and acres of fun.
- La Rosiére in France – La Rosiére offers a comprehensive family-friendly program that covers classes, childcare services, crèches, and clubs. Located on the edge of the slide, the chalet remains a top choice for family ski holidays.
- Vallorcine, in France– If you are looking for a reasonably priced family ski resort, then simply head for Vallorcine, in France. Apart from skiing, the children can indulge in fun activities such as circus skills, torch-lit snowshoeing and igloo building. It is indeed great fun for the whole family. However, it can be unbelievably crowded, and one cannot blame, thanks to the growing popularity of the ski resort.
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort in West Virginia – Another excellent option for family winter fun is the Snowshoe Mountain in West Virginia. Take advantage of those tubing hills and terrain parks for your snowy adventures. This is the place where you can look forward to first-rate skiing with your whole family.
- Méribel in France- Méribel is best suited to families who are looking for affordable accommodation but no longer need childcare facilities and kids’ clubs. One can explore a whole range of different chalets and hotels, and the Chalet Hotel is one of the most popular among the families. You will love the welcoming bar and fireplace as well as the large sun-terrace.
- St Anton in Austria – Austria can be very expensive at peak times, but families can find a good deal at St Anton in Austria. What is more, the resort lies within easy reach of the slopes and is perfect for those who are confident about their skiing skills. There are special areas that are dedicated to children like Nasserein and Gampen. There are reported ski schools that are sure to bring on that confidence even with the first-time skiers.
- Whiteface Lodge in New York – Spread across millions of acres; Whiteface Lodge is indeed perfect for winter family fun. Packed with facilities, the spot has been a host of the 1980 winter games. Skiers look forward to the greatest vertical drop for a challenging time. Families can enjoy bob-sledding and ice-skating and even toboggans.
Apart from skiing, one can also enjoy other fun activities like dog sledding, snowmobiling and swimming at some of these spots.
** This is a guest post **