This time of year, with Spring approaching, I always get itchy feet to make some changes around our home. With our bathroom renovations under way, and big plans for some major changes to our home, I have been thinking of simple ways we can rework the other rooms in our house without costing a fortune.
Since we moved into our home four years ago now, we still haven’t got round to decorating our bedroom. I think as parents we have prioritised the children’s rooms and overlooked our own, so I have been thinking of ten ways to spruce up our bedroom, and thankfully my fellow parent bloggers had some great tips for me!
2. Change the light shades – we have just changed to a metal ceiling light and it’s transformed the room! – Ready Freddie Go
3. Pictures framed in the style of your bedroom make a big impact. If it’s a sleek look go for abstract if homely and family oriented why not go with some family snaps. – Corporate Dad
4. I really recommend a Himalayan salt lamp, it completely changes the feel of the room and is said to have calming properties amongst lots of other things! – Ever after with kids
5. A new rug! I bought a new one for our bedroom and it made such a cosy difference! – Keep up with the Jones family
6. If you can, rearrange the furniture! It makes such a difference, we do this every now and then and it feels like the entire room has had an overhaul! – Love Maisie
7. Add a photo gallery wall with photos of happy times with people that bring happiness to your life. It will make you smile every time they catch your eye. – Dear Bear and Beany
8. Pop up some fairy lights, they give any room.a lovely cosy atmosphere! – Rice cakes & Raisins
9. Fresh flowers, a pretty candle, a few decorative pillows and a throw can upscale the room straight away! – Wave to Mummy
10. Creating a feature wall by papering or painting one wall a different colour is a great way to brighten up a room. When you’re sprucing up your room, making sure it looks as stylish as possible is very important, this mirrored furniture would be perfect for a stylish finish.
With these tips in mind I’m really looking forward to making some changes to our bedroom this Spring!!
** This is a collaborative post **