I am very excited to have Becky from The UnNatural Mother featuring on this weeks After School Club. I am a huge fan of her blog and having recently met her in person, I can tell you that she is just as lovely as expected and if you haven’t already you should definitely pop over for a read of her blog
Becky proudly shared with me her adorable son, Harry, “a very cheeky 4 year old” who has just started school this year.
“Harry loves school but when you ask him what he did that day his answer is always ‘nothin’. Getting blood out of a stone would be easier. Today’s questions took just over a hour to answer and Mummy need a stiff drink after finishing them.”
1. How would you describe school using just one word?
Anything else Harry?
No just toy’s. (he loves the toy’s!)
2. Tell me about the best part of your day?
Playing with the T-Rex dinosaurs with William.
3. What was the hardest part of your day?
Putting my shoes on after P.E. (He came home with them on the wrong feet!)
4. What book did you read today? Did you enjoy it?
The Kitchen Disco all about fruit and it was really good. I was quiet but the other boys were naughty.
5. Did anyone in your class do something funny?
No not today.
6. Who did you play with today? What did you play?
William & Dougie and we played hide & seek and with the Dinosaurs.
7. What rules do you have at school? Do you think they are fair?
We have to sit down on the carpet and be quiet. I have to do what my teacher says. (Glad he listens to someone!)
8. What made you smile at school today?
The Ice-cream we have on the way home. It was blue and it had marshmallows on it.
9 What was the funniest thing the teacher did today?
Nothin’. (He wouldn’t be pushed on the subject.)
10. What new words did you learn today?
X-ray , the man looks in your tummy and check for things and makes you better.
11. What did you feel proud of today?
Putting my shoes on. (Doh! I didn’t dare tell him they where on the wrong feet!)
12. Does anybody make you feel cross at school?
13. Who is your best friend and why?
William today because he like T-Rex’s. (It’s a different person each day!)
14. What did you eat for lunch today?
Meatballs, potatoes, carrots and gravy. Oh and pink cake with bits on it.
15. Tell me one cool thing you learned today?
William’s mummy has a baby in her tummy. (I’m not sure this is true but Harry was very insistent.)
If you enjoyed reading Harrys interview be sure to follow The UnNatural Mother to read more about her life with her gorgeous family.
If you would like to feature in After School Club please email me over at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below. I would love to hear what your little ones have to say about school.