Planning a country cottage style bedroom

When we bought our house, over three years ago now, our priority was always to decorate the children’s bedrooms and our living areas. And although over the years we have done all of those things, some twice over, our bedroom always has, and still is, at the bottom of the list when it comes to priorities. That’s why I am so excited that the time has come to finally decorate our bedroom!

Given the style of our house, and especially of our bedroom, we have decided to go with a country cottage style décor, something which Gaz wasn’t actually very keen on at first but has come around to the idea when I showed him the many, many, ideas I have seen on Pinterest!

The only stipulation that Gaz had was for us to have oak furniture, albeit painted white for a gorgeous country cottage effect. He has a real thing about oak wood and how it is way better quality, and more durable, than other materials. We both love the collections from a website we haven’t used before, Lifestyle furniture, and particularly their Mariah range, although all of their furniture ranges are just stunning!

I think that country cottage is such a serene style of décor and I really want to work with the florals and the soft palettes but without making the look too chintzy. Less is definitely more when it comes to our home!

I can’t wait for our room to be completed and for us to have our own beautiful retreat to hide away in. Although with four children, that really is wishful thinking!

** This is a collaborative post **

1. October 26, 2017 / 11:45 am

OMG I LOVE IT! lol… i’m trying to talk my fiance into this sort of style. I think we’ll have to divide our next home into sections where we take turns decorating so I can get a piece of this in our home lol, he’s a fan of darker colors so we’ve gone like wooden-cottage/fall colors with the country flare of re-used and re-purposed materials but the darker browns, deep greens, etc. I love how light and airy this is.

• Laura Dove
      October 26, 2017 / 9:09 pm

Haha yes, it took me a while to talk Gaz round! I think it’s gorgeous and so serene, I hope your fiancé agrees! xx

2. October 26, 2017 / 12:29 pm

I love country style bedroom and even house decor too. But in the part of world where I live it is not popular. I guess may be because of climatic condition and small houses! just a guess

• Laura Dove
      October 26, 2017 / 9:08 pm

Ahh yes perhaps, maybe you should make it popular! xx

3. October 26, 2017 / 12:47 pm

I loved your choice! Country cottage style would look so good! And I think oak furniture will be a prominent part of it.😊
    Oh btw, does oak furniture spread it’s scent in the house? (I read it somewhere as a kid and it just stroke me 😄)

• Laura Dove
      October 26, 2017 / 9:07 pm

Yes it can do!! I think it totally depends on the furniture and how it is treated. I love the smell of real oak. xx

4. Arra Odeza
    October 26, 2017 / 1:09 pm

I love it. I love the country cottage style look too, from types of pieces of furniture to the decors. We are planning to renovate our house and hopefully we could apply this kind of bedroom style.

• Laura Dove
      October 26, 2017 / 9:06 pm

Thanks Arra, I think it’s timeless and in the right house really lovely! xx

5. October 26, 2017 / 4:02 pm

I am in love with the first one, it looks so comfortable ans stylish at the same time!!

• Laura Dove
      October 26, 2017 / 9:02 pm

Yes! I totally agree, I have ordered an almost identical paper! xx

6. October 27, 2017 / 5:48 am

The bedroom looks fresh out of a fairy-tale. Absolutely loved the colors, the furnishings, shades..everything is perfect. All I need now is a cup of coffee, my reading glasses and a book.

• Laura Dove
      October 29, 2017 / 3:56 pm

Haha yes! I can’t wait for it all to be done so I can enjoy those sunday morning lie-ins! xx

7. October 27, 2017 / 12:58 pm

Very great pick! I would totally agree that this is a dream room – a retreat room, bonding area for the entire family. Soft floral and pastel color brings peaceful mood to me.

• Laura Dove
      October 29, 2017 / 3:55 pm

Pastel colours are always lovely for the bedroom, so relaxing aren’t they? xx

8. October 27, 2017 / 6:04 pm

Your post is so gorgeous, I love the big bright and beautiful floral bedding and the white chandelier. I would feel like royalty in this room.

• Laura Dove
      October 29, 2017 / 3:52 pm

Thank you. I can’t wait for it to be finished! xx

9. October 28, 2017 / 3:09 pm

Country cottage style looks so classy and fabulous! I’ll definitely keep this style in mind whenever we will be redoing our bedroom soon!

• Laura Dove
      October 29, 2017 / 3:37 pm

It’s lovely isn’t it? I can’t wait for it to be done! xx